Personal Membership: Online or print
Student Joint ALA/WLA Membership: Online or the print Joint ALA-WLA Membership Form (PDF) and submit to ALA.
Institutional Membership: Online or print
If you're not sure of your renewal date, please check "My Profile."
Benefits of Membership
- Enhance your legislative knowledge and advocacy skills, and support initiatives to improve library service and funding in Wisconsin.
- Connect with library professionals and other leaders. Build your personal contact list online and in person to help solve day-to-day challenges and celebrate successes.
- Meet professional challenges and develop your career path with an abundance of leadership and continuing education opportunities, including WLA and unit conferences.
- Be part of something bigger! Support the profession and a worthy cause. Your dues payment is WLA's most important source of financial support, and having a large membership boosts WLA's credibility with elected officials and others who affect libraries and the profession.
More for members only
- Discounts on conference registration, exhibits, advertising, and more! (Libraries with institutional memberships can send one non-member staff person to conferences at the member rate.)
- WLA e-newsletter
- Access to e-lists based on your unit or other special interests
- Access to online directory of Wisconsin library personnel and supporters
- Membership in up to three special interest units (institutional members get membership in all units of their choice)
- Individual/personal members may vote in WLA elections and hold elected or appointed office.
- HotelStorm: get hotel discounts of 10-55%.
Individual (personal) dues:
♦Individuals currently employed in a library pay dues calculated at $3.00 per $1,000 of wages. Minimum is $50.00; maximum is $250.00.
♦Unemployed or retired library workers, trustees or Friends: $50.00
♦Add-on WEMTA dual membership option for non-school library individuals, ADD $32 to your WLA dues.
♦Full-time students pursuing a Master's in library science (joint ALA/WLA membership): $35.
Corporations (for profit): $200
Non-profits (including Friends groups): $75
Libraries pay based on budget:
Up to $49,999: $63.00
$50,000 to $99,999: $102.00
$100,000 to $249,999: $152.00
$250,000 to $499,999: $191.00
$500,000 to $999,999: $224.00
$1,000,000 and over: $255.00